If you are renovating your house and looking for suitable lighting options, then recessed lighting is one of the best options available and is currently trending the market and amongst the homemakers.
What are recessed lights?
Recessed lights or downlights are metal light housings that are installed above the ceiling line. The only part of the downlights visible is a thin trim and a section of inner housing or baffle. It demands extensive ceiling wiring. The best option for this is to hire the services of handyman jobs in altamonte springs, fl.
Components of Downlights
There are two major components of a recessed light:
- Housing – This component basically includes all the electrical components such as mounting fixture, light source and is above the ceiling.
- Trim – Trim is the component that fits into the ceiling and it has the parts that throw and directs the light.
Where Can You Use Recessed Lights?
- Kitchen – You can use recessed light within kitchen perimeters and above the kitchen counters since these lights are directional and work efficiently for kitchen tasks.
- Home Movie Theatres – Clear and precise sight lines offered by recessed lights are ideal for theatres.
- Shower stalls – Recessed lights have watertight lenses, meaning, you can splash water on the light and they still continue to work very efficiently and so you can use them for lighting the shower stall.
Why Should You Go for Recessed Lighting?
There are many benefits that recessed lighting provide which can be listed as below:
- A boon for low ceilings – In rooms where ceilings are low and ceiling lights are constantly grazing your head or if they visually stick out too much, then recessed lights are ideal.
- No fixtures – Recessed lights hide into the ceiling so well that it provides illumination without the components of the light being visible. All other types of lights such as lamps, ceiling lights, etc., have cables and monorails hanging out.
- Waterproof – The sealed units of recessed lights are waterproof units and are only the light units that can work in a water environment.
When these lights are placed appropriately, they illuminate the room extremely well. So, get your house or office the dramatic look it needs by installing the recessed lights.